Monday, February 25, 2013

Stone Bridge

Soft pastel 30x22cm (12x9") on Canson MT Touch

This is the first time I experimented with the alcohol on Canson MT Touch. The alcohol on a brush was used to create the underpainting, after the initial tonal sketch. The original color of the paper was maroon, but it was completely gone after the alcohol application. I abandoned this paper after a few initial tries, didn't like the texture and how it grabs pastels, but after this I changed my mind and will use more of it in the future.
The detail below is by far my favorite and I tired to make it the focal area.
The reference photo is from the WetCanvas RIL, by blScott.
This is the Stone bridge in Beacon Hill Park, Greater Victoria, BC


comments

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors!! When I tried alcohol on Canson Touch for background, the paper "rippled"... Not for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Veronique :)

    I fixed the paper with the tape and it did ripple, but after it dried it was ok

    ReplyDelete